Co-Executive Director, Development - APPLY HERE
The co-Executive Director (co-ED) will work in partnership with the other 2 current co-EDs and have overall responsibility for the financial health of the organization both in the short and long term. They are responsible for determining and setting revenue-generating strategies, determining the amount of revenue to be collected, how funds are utilized, and how they will be collected (fundraising/sales).
They will initially develop deep knowledge of Havenly’s programs, mission, team, and strategic plan by working alongside the current Development Director through June 2022, and will then be expected to take on financial and fundraising responsibilities independently to lead Havenly to its sustained path of growth.
Our tripartite Leadership Team operates through a consensus, discussion based leadership style. This structure is based on the understanding that each member comes with their own set of experiences and skills and that each of their contributions and perspectives are essential to the successful growth of our organization and community. In this vein, the leadership team is collectively responsible for:
- Setting strategy;
- Setting the culture of the organization;
- Communicating with the Board of Directors and Leadership Committees;
- Representing the organization externally, in whatever structure they choose (ie, delegate to one person the representation, speak to different audiences, etc.)
Individually, the Development Director:
- Oversees accounting with the financial committee, Board Treasurer, and pro-bono accountant;
- Creates and proposes budgets for the organization, projecting its growth into the future;
- Oversees all revenue creating strategies and roles, driving it towards long-term impact and financial sustainability (creates fundraising and financial strategies with the fundraising committee; oversees sales and marketing strategies and roles; leads and coordinates sales, marketing and business development initiatives to deliveron growth objectives for Havenly’s sales and kitchen operations; raises funds for the organization through a combination of individual donations, grants, and fundraisers);
- Ensures that the organization’s donor and customer base is engaged, stewarded, and a partner in our project;
- Oversees the development and retention of revenue-driving partnerships, including with governmental funders, foundations, and other organizations.
All candidates should have proven service, management and fundraising experience. Qualifications:
- Master’s degree (bachelor’s degree accepted but master’s preferred) in migration and/or ethnic studies, economics, political science, business or nonprofit management, or equivalent;
- Commitment to inclusive leadership; ability to point to examples of having prioritized inclusive leadership in past work;
- Experience in business development, fundraising, or sales roles in the non-profit or private sector;
- Ability to point to specific examples of having driven social change and/or taken the lead in public service projects;
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, and set and achieve strategic objectives;
- Ability to make budgets, oversee accounting processes, and plan for the financial health of the organization;
- Experience working across diverse sets of barriers (linguistic, cultural, gendered, age-based, educational); ability to point to specific ways in which working across those barriers has affected ability to work and principles that drive your work;
- Experience in marketing, public relations, and/or fundraising with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and partners;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills;
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to strategic planning;
- Must be comfortable in a multilingual environment, fluency in a second language (Arabic or Spanish preferred) is a big plus.
Send your resume and an optional cover letter expressing why you are interested in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.